so... due to my own foolishness, my illness, and some general bad luck... with a little good luck thrown in, I've just passed through one of the most stressful 24 hour periods of my life. I'm still a little stressed, but it's not nearly as bad. Let me set the scene for you. 11:50 A.M. Monday. I woke up at 7 A.M. wrote an essay in the 3 hours before class. I've just gotten out of my last music 101 class ever. I realize... I haven't started writing that physics report that Kevin asked me to write! so... I walk up to my room, start typing, intending to get a quick lunch at around 12:40 before class starts. I stop writing, realizing that it's now 12:51 P.M. and I bolt off to class. I'm kinda worried that I've missed another quiz question in physics, and so I pull out my iClicker before walking into the building, to test its range. Apparently its not that far. So I keep walking. I walk up the back stairs of the ESC on my way to my class, and try again. The remote accepts the BA frequency that I set it to, so I answer A, then walk into class. Kevin gives me a thumbs up, and I read the quiz question. I apparently answered it correctly. I walk to the nearest seat, sit down and listen to people present their Physics projects. Thankfully, the professor informs us that the projects aren't due till midnight. But I realize... I've got ANOTHER humanities essay due at the same time!
So I walk down the stairs, take a couple of pictures with the physics class... apparently some people REALLY liked the class and wanted a picture... and go over to the SWKT to print off the homeworks for Monday and Tuesday with Kevin. I realize that I told my friend Kyle that I'd go to the library LRC to watch fantasia with him for our concert reports, and go down to the UPL to do my Physics homework. It takes us till 5 to do both of the assignments... which we don't quite do properly, but I'm really hungry now, and kevin's got to get to class, so I just finish the problem, and turn it in. I later find out that I did at least one of the problems wrong... so much for winning that hologram... bummer... I go home, get some food from the vending machines to stave off my hunger till dinner, then go to my room, where I find that Fantasia is on Google Video. sweet. I don't need to go to the LRC. I start thinking about what I should write my Humanities paper on...
It's now 6 P.M. I go to dinner, eat a bunch of food, and realize, for the 5th time, that lent is over. I go get some ice cream, and enjoy it to an obscene degree. It's now 7. I realize that my FHE, that I'm the dad for, has started. It's croquet. I'm not about to miss that, but I don't want to stop eating the delicious ice cream, so I chat and eat ice cream till 7:30, when I go to FHE, and start watching a game of croquet. I later take the place of one of the people who is sick and tired of losing, and promptly almost win. I was the last person to die, but in killing me, the Poison person bounced through a hoop.
It's now 9 P.M. I go to my room, realizing that I still haven't decided what to write about, so I ask facebook. When I say the names of the books I'd write about, I get Machiavelli, unamimously... but when I ask about the THEMES of the books I'd write about, I get Rabelais's Gargantua, as a utopia, even more unanimously. So I pull out a killer essay comparing and contrasting the abbey of desire to BYU. It turns out pretty well... but it's now 11:15. So I turn it in quick, and call Kevin about the Physics project. He starts writing, and I start making a data table and some picture captions. He emails what he's written over, and I add my data table and captions, then desperately search for a .doc to .pdf converter. I find one, at 11:55 PM. It's due at midnight... when my browser CRASHES!!!! ack! so I pull it up as quick as I can, rewrite the email, attach the files, and turn it in at 12:03 AM. It's LATE, GASP! I explain in the email about my browser crashing. I think he'll understand. I then get on the facebook, see what my friends are up to, get interrogated about things by a friend or two of mine, then go to bed at 1 AM.
I wake up at 8 AM to my alarm, with my terrible cough being worse than before... so I stay in bed. I fall back asleep, and wake up at 10:50 AM. I realize OH SHOOT! I JUST SLEPT THROUGH MY DANCE FINAL!!!!! so I rush to get dressed, and literally run out the door, down the hall, down the stairs, out the other door, through the cannon center, up the hill, when I see my buddy zach pushing his bike... I slam on my brakes and ask if I can borrow it. "sure, the code's ****." "Thanks man!" I bike up the hill, across campus to the Wilk, park the bike, run through the back way of the wilk, run into the class, breathing heavily, and ask if I can take the test. My teacher asks me if I've run the whole way, and I say yes. She says that I can take the test, so I ask a girl to dance with me, and dance, still breathing extremely heavily and uncomfortably, due to my nasty cold. I dance the Swing, I pass. I call my buddy to thank him for letting me use his bike, and I walk to buy breakfast... then I go out the door, and back on the bike, a lot slower this time, back to my dorm, and get in my bed to rest. I cough up a lung or two, get dressed in less formal dress, and sit down to write this post.
I still need to write my service project report, and my concert reports. oy! I hate the last week of classes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment