Monday, February 2, 2009

The little things

Today, as I was leaving doing physics with Kevin that I HADN'T gotten a text from Clarissa. I didn't realize that that was such a big deal. I didn't realize the little perks of dating someone till I didn't have it anymore. 'course, I didn't realize the perks of being single till I wasn't, and now I'm noticing them again. Being single definitely has some nice elements of it. You're free to go out with whomever you'd like, and have no limitations on it. That freedom is a much larger one than I anticipated when I started dating her. But the loss of it comes with so many other little things... You don't worry about who you're going to ask out.... You get little text messages that are so nice... You have someone to talk to... about anything. I dunno. I kinda freaked out a little when I realized that I hadn't gotten a text. It reminded me of what I had changed in my life by breaking up with her. It's interesting.

5 comments:

Jocelyn said...

i totally can relate to this. it sucks. I am sorry ben!

Benjamin said...

The thing is though... It was MY decision mostly.

Megan said...

Ben...I have to find out about this through FB/blog? Sorry, little bro.

Benjamin said...

Sorry megan... I would have called you... had I thought of it...

Kristin said...

oh ben I'm sorry. Breaking up is never easy, even if it was your decision.

 
Creative Commons License
Ben's Blog by http://massaben.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.