Yesterday was Mardi Gras. Which means that today is the first of the forty days leading up to Easter that we call Lent. It's a time when people give up things. I'm giving up desserts. And candy. For the next forty days. I began to regret this decision at lunch today, when I saw boston creme pie. I love boston creme pie. Why is it that TODAY was the day they decided to have Boston creme pie in the cannon center. And then dinner. Death by Chocolate cake. Do the Cannon staff realize its lent and TRY to stop me and the other 5+ people I know of doing the same thing? Visiting hours... Girl Scout cookies. Thin Mints. WHY!?!?!?!? This is going to be tough.
In other news, I have a cosmic twin. Zachary has the exact same birthday as me. He got his mission call today. He's going to Pnomh Penh, Cambodia. Also, Ryan, from my hall got his call to Texas Houston Spanish speaking. That's like... EXACTLY where my brother went on his mission.
In other other news, my professors are trying to kill me. They're failing though. I had to read the song of roland for Humanities, Life in the Iron Mills for Government, Physics had 2 labs this week, and apparently THE HARDEST assignments in that class are friday and monday's assignments. Music 101 is requiring a large amount of concentration on Beethoven's 5th. Book of Mormon required another insight paper that I just did.
Music 101 is one of my coolest classes, but it sometimes makes me and my buddy Kyle kill the professor. He always stops the songs we listen to at the most epic part. This makes me quite antsy, 5 more seconds Prof Brown. 5 more seconds, and we're at the end of the phrase. GRR...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Thanks for letting me know that today starts Lent. I will joining you this year! No sweets! No candy! No desserts!
Post a Comment