Friday, February 27, 2009

Pornography

I've recently had a friend, who will remain unnamed, confide in me that he has a problem with pornography. I don't know what to do to help him. He worries me, and I sincerely want to help him. Advice?

3 comments:

Anthony said...

I have had people confide this to me as well. Prompt him to STOP first of all. There are SO many better things in this world... as crappy as it is... that's umong the WORST filth. Then prompt him to talk to his bishop. Bishops take that stuff... I mean... REALLY well. They don't judge you, they don't admonish you like mad, they just help you fix the problem and move on. I know SO many people who have overcome the pornography problem with bishop's help. It's really that easy. If the problem really persists though... I mean... I dunno, I'd almost feel tempted to go to his bishop yourself? Give him a call and ask for advice. I mean, that's all that can be done. And you're friend will be SOOOOO much happier if he overcomes it. Please keep us updated on this :( it's heartbreaking even though I don't know who it is, I'm rooting for them.

Megan said...

Ben, he needs help, and immediately. Refer him to his bishop, like Anthony said, but also to psych help. The church has really well-trained social workers for this.

Kevin said...

Thirded, he'll be so much happier and feel so relieved if he just goes to the Bishop. It's hard but so worth it. Do whatever you can to encourage him to go there (P.S. I don't know if it's a concern, but his ecclesiastical endorsement isn't at risk if he goes to talk to his Bishop, assuming he's a BYU friend).

Also praying for him can't hurt...

 
Creative Commons License
Ben's Blog by http://massaben.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.