Friday, June 12, 2009

Optimism

I am often told that I am too optimistic in regards to how people act. Whenever I am criticized in such a way, I am asked "Have you met people, Ben?" The answer is obviously yes. I have met people. The question is usually met with a qualifier of "as in non-utah people." The answer to that is also yes. But what bothers me is that those who ask the question don't strike me as having any more experience with people, and often strike me as having less experience with people. So, I ask any person who has asked me this, "Have YOU met people?" I assume the answer is yes, but your condescending tone begs another question. What is it that makes your experience with people more vast or more valid than mine? My view of people is just as valid as yours so far as I see it. Please justify yourselves.

Thank you for reading and putting up with my style.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ben's Blog by http://massaben.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.