I remembered a story of little Ben today. In 1995, when Gordon B. Hinckley, Thomas S. Monson, and James E. Faust became the First Presidency of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, little Ben was watching it on the TV. Little Ben LOVED trains. He noticed that Gordon, Thomas and James are all characters on his favorite TV show, Thomas the Tank Engine. "It makes perfect sense mommy! Gordon, Thomas and James!" Little Ben was rather excited to find out that his church leaders were his favorite TV show's main characters.
Several years later, when James left this world, a slightly bigger Ben was delighted to find out that his replacement was another character on the show, Henry. Unfortunately, soon thereafter, Gordon passed on as well, as was replaced with someone who isn't quite a Thomas the Tank Engine character. There aren't any Dieters in the Tank Engine lineup. Thomas is in charge now, though, which is as it should be.
I therefore have a proposition to make. I propose that we petition Takara Tomy, the makers of Thomas merchandise, to create a new tank engine. Dieter the Diesel Tank Engine. Any takers? I'd buy one.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
DUDE! I would too!
Post a Comment