Friday, November 21, 2008

"This is my boyfriend, Ben."

So.... apparently Hinckley Hall lobby is a place where couples go to hook up. Man alive was last night awkward. I go in there, and it was empty, so I'm studying with Clarissa, and then... about an hour later my "wife" (Home evening assitant group leader) comes in with her boy, and they just start going at it. We're sitting there doing our homework, and we just thought... awkward. My "wife" has been blaming the dysfunctionality of our family on me.... but... man. We decided to pull out my camera and we got a video.... wow. There were like a dozen people in the room. PDA? I think so. I may post the video that we took. It was RIDICULOUS. 20 minutes later... another TWO couples came in and started having fun too. man alive. There were other people in the room that did NOT appreciate the ridiculous habits of these people. I just... wow. WOW.

We decided that it was time to leave, so we went outside, wandered around for a bit, and then sat down on the warm vent outside, and watched the stars. We prolly saw a good 8 shooting stars, two of which were at the same time, HUGE, and lasted forever. IT WAS AMAZING.

In other news, I spent 3 hours today in the Cannon center. Eating food, listening to a girl tell me all about her awkward date stories, one of which happened in the lobby last night... whatever. I now have dirt on her. And... she totally just spilled her guts... with me only pestering her a little bit. (Edit 2/2/10: For the information of anyone reading this significantly after the fact, this girl was Whitney).

Going back a few days, I went to the Synthesis concert on Wednesday night with the FA people on my floor, and met their professor. Man was that weird. We went up to his house afterwards, and had some good times. hehe.

You want to know what's weird? Having a girlfriend. Or... actually, being introduced as "my boyfriend." Man alive, at that concert, we sit down, and Clarissa turns around, says hello to her professor, and says, "This is my boyfriend, Ben." I was so confused. I'm just sitting there thinking... is she talking about me? weird... I'd never thought about that... huh... whatever... sounds good to me.

anywho... the concert was fun... and Hinckley lobby is awkward.

3 comments:

Anthony said...

I used to know that feeling... hearing yourself being the boyfriend. Though, since our relationship was discreet it was MOSTLY the thought of referring to HER as my girlfriend. The relationship is so natural, but titles seemed so outlandish. So out of this world. Something I've known my whole life but to actually BE one was just... unbelievable and surreal in a sense. That said, I would melt a thousand first graders' skulls to get that back...

Rissa said...

Ben, you really do have crazy, weird, awesome friends...

Benjamin said...

Wow, Anthony... a thousand? You'd really go to that extreme?

 
Creative Commons License
Ben's Blog by http://massaben.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.