I realized today as I went out for my daily walk that I have just written two blog posts that are superbly politically charged. This is because they are on issues I care about, and because I want people to respond. I admit that some of the time I am being overly strong about these topics, but I want to know what people think. I want to know how they respond to pressure against their opinion, I want to know what they believe.
I find that reasoned argument is the path to truth, so I try to write out reasoned arguments against the orthodox belief. If a lot of people disagree, I'm fine with that, but I demand that they support their disagreement.
I may write in a way that sometimes makes me look like a moron. That's okay, but please tell me that I am being a moron, and tell me why.
If you disagree with anything I say, let your voice be heard, but don't try to silence me because you disagree. There are people who think that if someone says something they disagree with, they should silence them. In fact, today, I was talking with someone and they said, "your argument is dead, ben, give it up." I did not think my argument was dead by any means, and yet he insisted on silencing me because I disagreed.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
You're such a straight up retard. Reason: You aren't me.
Oh shut up ben. Kevin trashed your argument and you know it.
Hey, whoa, leave me out of it!
Post a Comment