Monday, July 6, 2009

Rupert Murdoch



I don't like Rupert Murdoch. The man has FAR too much power. He owns News Corp. also known as Murdoch's News Corp. This company has amongst its subsidiaries ALL of the Fox Broadcasting Company, MySpace, and about a fifth of the newspapers and magazines in the United States.

I read an article today that made me just grimace at the News Corp. Basically, the article states that Fox recently decided to reduce its carbon footprint. Therefore, to help with this, they sneakily stuck global warming messages into their most popular shows, like the Simpson's, Family Guy, 24, etc.

I don't approve. IF Global Warming is a real phenomenon, this is the wrong way to deal with it.

The way that Congress has recently pushed through a multiplicity of bills is also the wrong way to do things. The Cap and Trade bill, (more like Cap and Tax) was 1200 pages long. It was passed through the House of Representatives in something like 1 week. Have you ever read 1200 pages in a week? Have you ever read 1200 pages of legislation in a week? The answer is no. No person can read and comprehend and revise that much legislation in that short of a time. Is Global Warming that urgent? We've been talking about it for nearly 20 years. Would another month hurt that much? I don't think so.

I'm angry at News Corp. I'm angry at Congress. Grumble.

No comments:

 
Creative Commons License
Ben's Blog by http://massaben.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.