Sunday, January 18, 2009

Frozen Hair and 50th post

So... as it turns out, this is my fiftieth post. After nearly a year of this blog's existence, I am now passing that milestone. ANYWAYS...

This morning, I rolled out of bed at 8:43, realizing that church starts at 9. SO... I went and took a shower and got dressed and such and ran outside to church, and when I walked in, I went to scratch my head, and my hair was FROZEN. Seriously, how cool is that? I was SO amused. Of course, as soon as the meeting actually started, it had melted, but it was awesome while it lasted.

On a different note, I got 3 hours of sleep last night. Remember how I said I rolled out of bed at 8:43? yeah... I went to bed at like 5 and didn't fall asleep till about a half an hour later. HOWEVER, oddly enough, when I woke up, I woke up fast. It was really weird. I'm so glad that I have no school tomorrow for MLK Jr day, even though I vastly disagree with its name. Why does MLK Jr get his own holiday when ALL of our presidents get ONE between the whole lot of them? And why Martin Luther King Jr? He's really not the most admirable of men. Sure, he gave a good speech or two, but... He was a religious leader who was known to have not the best moral standards... WHY THE CRAP DO WE GIVE HIM A HOLIDAY? I'm down with the holiday itself, just the name really bothers me.

Now... onto an entirely different subject. I went to the Draper Temple Open House yesterday. That place is awesome. I mean... seriously. The beauty of the whole thing, and especially the feeling of peace in the celestial room and sealing rooms? AMAZING. And the place isn't even dedicated yet! I can't even imagine how cool those rooms must be when they're actually dedicated and in use! btw, I went with my ward down here. One of the girls, who is natively chinese was looking at a map they had in the nearby wardhouse, which shows where all of the temples in the world are, and when she saw China, completely empty of temples aside from Taiwan and Hong Kong, just started bawling. I got a little teared up myself. When I see others cry, I usually get teary eyed, but I usually stop myself from actually crying. I'm not sure whether that's a good or bad trait, but it's how I've become. It's definitely different than how I was in elementary school. Those of you who went to bonneville and were my friends prolly know what I'm talking about.

Anywho, I've got to finish the Book of Mormon by Monday at midnight. I'm currently to Ether chapter 2. I've also got other reading to do. Peace out.

4 comments:

Anthony said...

I agree about the holiday. He did a couple good things in helping with human rights, but the man himself was NOT a moral person...

Kevin said...

gave a good speech or two? really Ben?

Anthony, I'm ashamed of you too!

Benjamin said...

really. I really don't like the concept.

Anthony said...

HOW?! He was QUITE a immoral dude. He REALLY was.

Yes, like I said, he got Human Rights on track and for that, he deserves a lot of praise. But the man doesn't exceed the idea I'm afriad. Human Rights are awesome. MLK, while a few things he did were, wasn't so much as an individual.

 
Creative Commons License
Ben's Blog by http://massaben.blogspot.com/ is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 United States License.